Brain Optimization, Naturopathic Psychiatry & Mind-Body Medicines
Are you and/or a loved one looking to optimize brain and mental health, overcome a mental health condition, improve mood, stress, motivation, energy and overall health?
If so, come receive the paradigm shifting approach developed by Dr. Lee in affiliation with the Psychiatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians (PsychANP) and the Amen Clinics (8 clinics nationally owned by Daniel Amen, MD - America's top psychiatrist, author of more than 10 NY Times best selling books, and pioneer of using brain imaging the treat mental health and other brain conditions).
Our approach includes a combination of:
– Administering of comprehensive brain and mental health questionnaires to discover which of:
16 brain types you have
7 types of anxiety and/or depression
7 types of ADD
6 types of addiction
5 types of overeating pattern
Variants of TBI, PTSD, OCD, dementia and more, and/or
Which of 8 major brain regions are normal, hyperactive or deficient
From these results, we discuss how to use individualized and targeted, evidence-based tools, including brain-directed nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals, nutrition, exercise, mind-body medicines (relaxation, meditation, hypnosis, etc), psychotherapies (CBT, EMDR), hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), neurofeedback, and other lifestyle changes to optimize brain patterns and treatment response.
– Comprehensive blood assessment for and treatment of well known physiological causes of mental illness including thyroid and adrenal diseases, diabetes and insulin sensitivity, autoimmune conditions, traumatic brain injuries, high and low blood pressure, low testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, pregnenolone and dhea, sleep apnea, infections, inflammation, nutritional deficiencies, functional intestinal disorders, etc.
- Functional Medicine assessment and optimization of 30+ risk factors for dementia, Alzheimers, Parkinsons and other neurodegenerative disease, which preliminary evidence suggest may prevent and reverse progression in a majority of people with early to moderate stages of these conditions. This is important because current standard approaches can only mildly slow progression.
– Mind-body medicines/psychotherapies and spiritual counseling such as cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt), meditation, mindfulness, relaxation, journaling, brain games, spiritual counseling, self-help literature, other mind-body medicines, etc.to support you ability to function, find peace and motivation, rebuild and rewire your brain, and overcome the root causes of mental illness. These therapies are as effective as drugs for mental health and combining these is well proven as the most effective treatment for mental health. Dr. Lee is trained in cbt from Mass General (Harvard’s) Hospital Psychiatry Academy and has 25+ year of experience in meditation, mindfulness and other mind-body medicines. See Dr. Lees personal website for more information
– Comprehensive, individualized nutritional approaches that provide vitality and essential nutrients and help rebuild the brain and intestinal tract for optimal mental health. Importantly, the intestinal tract produces about 75% of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine, which are hallmarks of mental health.
– Homeopathy when indicated to provide relatively safe and quick effects.
– Manipulations, massage and acupuncture to support mental health, pain and addictions
– Award winning weight loss strategies to enhance self image, ability to exercise, nutrition, motivation, heart and overall health
Dr. Lee recognizes that mental health including brain health is the most important contriubor to overall health and well-being. This has been partially validated by his research work in affilation with Yale, Helfgott and other organizations for over 10 years. Dr. Lee is currently a founding co-chair of research of the of the Psychiatric Association of Naturopathic Physician (PsychANP) and being trained as a certified healthcare provider through Amen Clinic brain health-psychiatry methods.